Following this incident, we would like to ensure that certain core functionality is automatically tested on a regular basis on production and beta Commons. The following should be tested, if feasible:
- Logged-out user visits a page (a random page will do, perhaps [[Testing]] or similar), clicks on "Edit", enters text (it could simply be a timestamp), enters an edit summary (probably something like "Test edit $timestamp"), and clicks the save button. Expected behavior saves the change, the new text appears on the page, and the history includes the edit with the edit summary.
- Note for production: Investigate if any current integration tests edit ns0, and determine if we should be cautious (revert the edit after the test, or similar) when doing so.
- Logged-in user does the above.
- Logged-in user visits Special:Upload, uploads a randomly-generated image (using, for example, MediaWiki's generateRandomImages.php script), including all relevant (required) file information. User clicks "Upload file". Expected behavior uploads the file, brings user to the file page, and all information entered is present on the page.
- Note for production: Similar to above, investigate if any integration tests upload files, figure out if we need to do anything special. Use [[Category:Test uploads]] at the very least.