Banners are needed to invite people to take the Community Insights survey.
- We can have a translated message. It takes a couple of days to get the translations done.
- We can't filter the banners for a particular type of users (like only devs, or only GLAM enthusiasts), only the text will make a difference.
- The entire banner is a link. In text links are not possible.
- It is better to have an icon. By default, it is the Wikimedia no-text black logo, that perfectly suits our case.
The format for banners have to follow those examples:
- Catching sentence: Wikimedia's annual Community Insights survey is here!
- Development: If you are a volunteer developer involved with any Wikimedia code, please take 15 to 25 minutes to give your feedback through this survey.
- Link: https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0pSrrkJAKVRXPpj?Target=dev
- one banner, on mediawiki.org
- display it until October 31