The new event platform client library features will be folded into the existing EventLogging extension in phases. This is Phase 1.
For starter code, see: https://github.com/linehan/el-epc-patch-phases.
Suggest changes to the API and requirements and update this description accordingly.
- produce( string streamName, object eventData )
- configure( object streamConfig )
- Client can be configured with stream configuration objects
- Client sends events via HTTP POST
- Callers do not specify meta.dt, meta.id, or meta.stream
- meta.dt must be set at the time produce() is first called (i.e., client-side)
- If produce() is called with data containing meta.dt, that value cannot be overwritten
- An empty eventData object can be passed to produce()
- After initial loading, stream configuration cannot be updated during runtime
- The provided stream configuration is not adjusted by the client during loading (e.g. defaults)
- produce() does not modify the values in eventData
- Does MediaWiki needs a reliable way to generate ISO 8601 timestamps for meta.dt?
- How do instruments provide the $schema field?
- Do we allow stream configuration to specify a per-stream destination URL?
- Do we support multiple calls to configure() during initial loading?
- If so, how do we resolve collisions?