User story: As a CAT user who does a lot of bulk uploads via UploadWizard, I want all me CAT notifications bundled into 1 message, so that I can see my other notifications more easily and not have CAT notifs crowd them out.
We have this:
After a 48 hour waiting period, newly uploaded files by a user who has opted in to the tool are run through the machine vision algorithm and a notification is sent to the user. Currently, the very first notification about files being ready for review in the SuggestedTags interface does bundle all the notifications into one. However, subsequent viewings of the notifications list shows notifications for every file individually.
Screenshot: although the initial notification comes in bundled, later views unbundle the notifications.
Screenshot: messages on the Special:Notifications inbox are not bundled at all
Additionally, on the Special:Notifications page, none of the messages are bundled.
We want this:
One notification from SuggestedTags, forever, on both the notifications dropdown list and the Special:Notifications page.
- When a new batch of files are ready for SuggestedTags, Special:Notifications only shows 1 notification
- When a new batch of files are ready for SuggestedTags, clicking the little bell/notification icon only shows one notification from CAT, always.
During development, please test the following:
- Test this feature on at least one mobile browser
COVID-19 Deployment Criteria
- Can you roll back this change without lasting impact?
- A recovery plan is required as this will help identify our capacity for recovering from the failure
- THIS IS A KEY QUESTION, if you can’t answer it, you shouldn’t deploy
- Is specialized knowledge required to support this change in production? If so, are there multiple people with this knowledge?
- Is there a way to increase confidence about the correctness of this change?
- Reviews (Design, Code, etc)
- Testing coverage (unit tests, integration tests)
- Manual testing (e.g. Beta, vagrant, docker)