At present, some of the key interactions are only possible when users tap for e.g. to view more content tap on continue reading, to move backward/forward inside the gallery view by tapping on arrows. These interactions get the job done, but we can improve the user experience by allowing other supportive gestures like swipe.
- Introduce swipe right/left gestures inside the gallery view to let users change images. This is currently being performed by tapping on the left/right arrows.
Tap gesture supposed to be unchanged after adding swipe gesture.
- Swipe more than 40% of the current image to get the previous/next image
- Swipe more than 5 pixels within 300ms to get the previous/next image
- When selecting an image from the gallery row, client only loads the current/next/previous image info for lazy loading, same logic apply when user swipe to another image or tap next/previous button
- Loading animation only apply to the image, not the image attribution (caption/license/author)
- Transparent image doesn't have white background - can be fixed in another ticket T261745: Gallery optimization: image best fit
- IE11 is broken