- Name of tool/project: Wikimedia/oauth2-server
- Project home page: https://github.com/wikimedia/oauth2-server/tree/v9.0.0-alpha
- Name of team requesting review: Platform Engineering
- Primary contact: @Pchelolo @Clarakosi
- Target date for deployment: August 31st
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/vendor/+/619514
Description of the tool/project:
The fork includes changes from a pull request which adds support for private claims in a JSON Web Token. We're working with upstream to get the pull request accepted in the upstream library, and the need for the fork will eventually disappear.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF:
The fork will be temporarily used by the OAuth and OAuthRateLimiter extensions until a new version of oauth2-server is released with the new changes.
Working test environment
Test environment instructions from T257930 can be used to test these changes
Platform Engineering will own the fork until a new version is released