Wikibase currently the RESTbase based texvcjs validation to check if formulae entered in wikibase are valid tex(vc) words. The first step towards RESTbaseless mathoid use in production is to replace the RESTbase "cache" with the WANObjectCache.
To do that, we need to ensure that the configuration of Wikidata does use a not-none implementation of ObjectCache and that the mathoid URL (wgMathMathMLUrl) is set. While I guess, given the low edit traffic of math statements in Wikidata, it would also work without cache. The default wgMathMathMLUrl points to a wmflabs instance which is probably not accessible from production.
- review and merge https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/Math/+/661186
- set $wgMathUseRestBase=false on beta
- test on beta. e.g., https://wikidata.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Q544686 change the value of the formula or create a new formula Property Property:P253105 - seems to work after change and config were deployed.
- verify that cache is used - I wonder how would we do that..
- wait for change to be deployed
- enable on wikidata. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/operations/mediawiki-config/+/679357
- test on wikidata
- verify caching in production
- remove wgMathUseRestBase and old code path (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawiki/extensions/Math/+/691168)