List of steps to reproduce
- Be logged-in on Wikidata
- Go to https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q42&oldid=581
- Maybe reload the page a couple of times
- There are (non-js) edit buttons for the Terms and Sitelinks.
What should have happened instead?:
- There should not be any edit-buttons of any kind on old revisions.
- This originally broke and was fixed in context of T95405: edit links are displayed on old revisions.
- However, the related browser test was flaky and thus skipped after attempts to make it non-flaky failed, see: T227266: Find out why 'old revisions do not have edit links' selenium test is flaky on CI.
- Thanks to a new initiative to delete tests that are skipped sincefor more than a year (T280652, patch), this test came into the spotlight again.
- While trying to reenable it again in a non-flaky way, this regression was discovered.
- after the fix create integration tests that make sure this does not happen (again)/does not go uncheked
- reenable the browser test in a stable way (see patch, T227266)
- There is a test but it didn't catch the problem. We should make sure that this test (or a new one) can detect regressions of this sort in the future.