- Visit a talk page that has not yet been created (e.g. https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Duke_University&action=edit&redlink=1)
- Note: it should not matter what namespace this talk page exists in.
- Click the Start a discussion button within the new empty state design
- Enter some text into the New Discussion Tool's Title and Description fields
- Click the Add topic button
- ❗️Notice the empty state you saw in "Step 2." appears briefly before you see the topic you drafted in "Step 3." published successfully to the page: https://youtu.be/cZ2rdE9EB4g
- ✅ Notice the topic you drafted in "Step 3." is published successfully to the page
- Expected behavior is implemented