As more folks start to use 2FA (see e.g. T304792):
- It does not scale when only @Aklapper is getting contacted via a private message. We lack a process of who to contact - how to "contact" multiple Phab admins to request a 2FA reset.
- Might require more Phab admins to also have SSH access because https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Phabricator#Removing_Two_Factor_Authentication ?
- We lack guidelines how to verify requests. There are commited identities on wiki, there can be video calls or WMF Slack messages for staff, maybe something else.
- Unsure who needs to be involved in this discussion. We'd want at least a handful of people up for doing this.
- Outcome should update https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help/Two-factor_Authentication_Resets and https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Phabricator#Removing_Two_Factor_Authentication