Steps to replicate the issue (include links if applicable):
- Go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/?useskin=vector-2022
- Open the inspector. Go to the Network panel, and set the filter to "Doc"
- Type "Albert" in the search bar
- Click on the search result for "Albert Einstein"
- This takes you to the "Albert Einstein" article
- Type "Albert" in the search bar again
- Click "Search for pages containing Albert" at the bottom of the results
- This takes you to the search page for "Albert"
When clicking the Albert Einstein result:
- A request is made for https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=Albert+Einstein&wprov=acrw1_1
- This returns a 302 redirect to https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=Albert+Einstein&title=Special:Search&ns0=1
- That then returns a 302 redirect to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein
When clicking the "Search for pages containing Albert" result:
- A request is made for https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=1&search=albert
- This returns a 302 redirect to https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?fulltext=1&search=albert&title=Special%3ASearch&ns0=1
What should have happened instead?:
There should be only one redirect (in the first case), or ideally no redirect at all (in both cases).
Software version (skip for WMF-hosted wikis like Wikipedia): Current production (1.40.0-wmf.10)
Other information (browser name/version, screenshots, etc.):