We would like to test the Zebra #9 prototype and compare it to the existing Vector 2022 page layout
Create an instrumentation specification for the following. Note which metrics we are already measuring and which will need to be added separately
- edit rates
- session length
- ToC usage
- page tools menu usage
- edit bucket
anon/logged-in(Only test on logged-in users)
Next steps in data process (bolding indicates step we are currently on):
- PM and Data Analyst coordinate to identify experiment design, research questions, metrics and guardrails for the new feature and associated metrics.
- Data analyst creates a list of events that need to be tracked to calculate each metric
- Engineers review the event list and comment on whether we’re already tracking with existing instruments and if new instrumentation is required. New tickets created for any new instrumentation needed.
- Data analyst works with engineers to figure out what the new instrumentation should look like and where to store the events.
- Data analyst documents all of the above in the instrumentation spec
- PM signs off on the plan
Documentation: Instrumentation Spec