Page MenuHomePhabricator

Create Jenkins job(s) for Wikidata extensions
Closed, ResolvedPublic


Please make jenkins run tests against changes to the following repositories:


How do tests for extensions work anyway? The extensions would need to be configured into LocalSettings.php, so their own test cases get hooked and executed...

Version: unspecified
Severity: enhancement



Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Low.Nov 22 2014, 12:29 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz37050.

Moving to testing bugs, not a git/gerrit bug.

Update, because we merged the Wikibase extensions into one repo:

  • The core/Wikidata branch (for now - will be merged into master soon)
  • The extensions/Wikibase/master (3 extensions in one repository)

The extensions to set up are:

require_once( "$IP/extensions/Wikibase/lib/WikibaseLib.php");
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Wikibase/repo/Wikibase.php");
require_once( "$IP/extensions/Wikibase/client/WikibaseClient.php");

I did several changes to the jenkins shared build file that will help creating that job. Will hopefully manage to finish that this week.

I got an experimental install on Jenkins installation. Currently silenced to prevent false alarms to be sent back to Gerrit. Need to fix some dependencies in the ant script, currently delete the database and leave LocalSettings.php behind which prevent the PHPUnit test group to install a fresh DB.

The initial Jenkins job configuration was submitted with

With some additional tweaks, in both core and Wikidata branch, and to the Jenkins build script: we now have a first complete build.

The non-permanent console log is at I have attaching it for later reference.

Created attachment 10833
output of first Wikidata/Wikibase build on Jenkins


The jobs are being run on though there is no comment added in Gerrit yet.

Lowering priority. We should also consider closing this one, since the original task is done, and this is being used to track the followup task of making sure the tests succeed based on changes needed by the Wikidata team.

The Wikidata branch has just been merged into master. Please get rid of any specialized setup for that branch and use master instead.

The job is at . Other the last few weeks I have:

We still have to report back to Gerrit but since tests are still failing we probably dont want to report back yet.

I am closing this bug since the original request (writing a Jenkins job for Wikidata) has been completed.