- Ensure a page called "Foo" exists
- On a different page, add [[foo]]
- Edit that page in VE, remove the f, and add F instead
- The F is not linked, so select it, press Ctrl+K, and link it to Foo using the search suggestions
- You now have two links (one covering F and one covering oo) in the CE rendering, and the wikitext serialization looks like [[Foo|f]][[foo|oo]]
Adjacent links to the same target should be merged, even if they use different capitalizations, and even if one of them comes from Parsoid and the other from VE.