It's a bit of a mess:
wgEmergencyContact, wgNoReplyAddress, wgPasswordSender and wgNotificationSender
- The wgPasswordSender and wgEmergencyContact address are configured by the installer
- wgEmergencyContact is only being used by ProofreadPage... WTF....
- This 'password sender' email address is used for almost everything: password emails, watchlist notifictions, EmailUser, LQT notifications, Echo notifications
- The noreplysender is used as the replyto address for watch list notifications (and AFTv5)
- wgPasswordSender is provided by the installer and defaults to false
- wgNoReplyAddress defaults to email@example.com (and probably no one configures it)
- wgNotificationSender is provided by Echo and defaults to wgPasswordSender
- firstname.lastname@example.org .... we should probably default that to false, since TLDs opened up.
- wgPasswordSenderName is removed, but still present in DefaultSettings
So as brion duly noted in 2008: we should probably refactor all this address crap