- Setup the test wiki at Wikimedia Foundation Labs Tools.
- Links to related patches merged
- Identify customers and reach out to customers for their feedback.link 1, link 2
- In depth working of internationalization and localization.
- Adding new message groups in search translations.
- Different features supported in elasticsearch.
- How to use MediaWiki IRC channels.
- Using gerrit for patch submission.
Minimum Viable Product for the project decided
- Support for cross language search
- Make use of API to retrieve outdated and fuzzy translations.
- Update index mapping to provide more specialized search like case sensitive, wildcard searches, etc.
- Add search operators to apply filter prior to search.
- Autosuggest feature using elasticsearch and mediawiki search suggestion.
- Use grouppath parameter to list subgroups under group (if it does not work investigate and try with AJAX).
- Notify users on Wikimedia wikis.
- Communicate with mentors over IRC.
- Complete weekly progress reports.
- Create various phabricator tasks for exhaustive discussions.
- Patch submission in gerrit for code review.