We need to move the search out of the tabbar and serve it as an universal action on titlebar.
Here's a video showing the interaction
As a user...
Given I am on (home|saved|recent|article) view I can see a search button
Given I can see a search button When I tap it Then my previous view becomes blurred And I'm presented with an active search field And I can see my recent searches
Given I have successfully retrieved search results When I tap one The corresponding article is pushed on top of my current view
- Send "search view" pywik log when Search is presented
- Search field mirrors navigation bar resizing behavior when UI is vertically compact (i.e. landscape phone)
- vertical separator appears/disappears w/ search field clear button
- recent searches is displayed when either:
- the search field is cleared via the clear button
- the user manually deletes all the text
- When an error occurs while fetching search results, the error is displayed
- When you search for a term that yields a suggestion from the API (e.g. "appal" suggests "appeal")
- the search suggestion pushes down the search results
- tapping on the search suggestion clears current results and searches for the suggested term