Use the schema: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema:RelatedArticles
EventLogging should be wired up to measure impact of engagement.
- Enable EventLogging on a 1% sample of users using read more (note read more is in beta so this will be 1% of users in beta).
- Sample rate will be configurable by global config variable. We will tweak it as we go.
- Send an event (loaded) when the read more code is loaded (the user is in the sample)
- Send an event when the Read More section is first scrolled into view (seen).
- If the user taps one of the items inside read more, send an event (click) with the index of the item that was tapped.
- It should be possible to link the above two events to answer "if user saw read more what % engaged with it"
- We hope that
12.55% of visits that see read more, engage with read more. (In apps we saw 12.5% but we expect them to be a more engaged audience)
- Events should include a unique user session id, whether they were generated by api or magic word