Since we're about to drastically raise our PHP version requirements, we end up in the area where the old mysql extension used by DatabaseMysql is deprecated in favor of mysqli. After that, it is completely removed in PHP7 and HHVM. I therefore propose to first deprecate then remove the support for it.
Official documentation for PHP extension 'mysql'
Deprecated in MW 1.30 - to be decided if removed in MW 1.31 or later.
Extensions using DatabaseMysql (see CodeSearch):
- ContributionReporting (in code)
- Abandoned and unused, the old code haven't working even before that. No point in wasting time on this.
- OdbcDatabase (in code) (I6c2c37b)
- Wikibase (in tests) (Ice89b5a)
- Echo (in tests) (I3150bcd)
- Flow (in tests) (Ib24561d)
- EducationProgram (in tests) (I7228c3a)
- SemanticExtraSpecialProperties (in tests) (5ce8bdc during refactoring for 2.0 (still in alpha))
- MathSearch (in comments for type hinting) (rEMAS9c316a4)