this is the container epic for the 1 hour test
- How do I select the Express Checkout form?
- Any preference where we test this? It would probably be easiest to do in Spain where we currently have tests up, or we could do US if you're after a lot of traffic
- Do you want to test mobile as well, or just desktop?
@Pcoombe You can select the Express Checkout form with a link like this: https://payments.wikimedia.org/index.php?title=Special:PaypalExpressGateway&appeal=JimmyQuote&ffname=paypal&language=en&utm_source=Waystogive&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=C11_Waystogive&gateway=paypal_ec&returnto=Thank_You%2Fen¤cy_code=JPY&country=JP&uselang=en&amount=140&recurring=false
With the key bit being the 'title=Special:PaypalExpressGateway' and '&gateway=paypal_ec' bits.
I have no real preference on Spain versus US, so I'm cool with Spain if that's easier. I also don't know of any reason not to test mobile, so let's go ahead and do both.
Closing the loop here:
This ran as planned from 1600-1700 UTC in the US. We processed over 1600 successful Express Checkout donations. Compared with the current flow: conversion looks 1-8% higher on desktop, unchanged on mobile, and significantly higher (although with very limited data) on iPad.
Just to note we ran a second test of this today, from 16:05 to 17:05 UTC in the US. Results look very similar to last time.
- increase in Paypal conversion somewhere between 0.1% and 7.7% on desktop (p-value 0.045)
- no significant change on mobile
- apparent larger increase on iPad but not enough data for significance