Thumbnail mode, like current popupthumbs, but preferably better.
The use case here is category pages and thumbnail sizes that are significantly smaller than the higher available size of the thumbnailed video. Currently with the Kaltura player, such videos open in a jquery ui dialog.
- Reimplement with OOjs UI
- Always depend on MMV
- Downside, is that this would enforce MMV on all users
- Also, would that mean that we would never play back a video in-context anymore ? That seems... meh.
- This option is T77147: Show Videos in Media Viewer, blocked by T132064: Make Media Viewer pluggable for the 3d extension, videos, …
- Enlarge the video in page:
- Reflow the page and use 100% page width, with a max of 600px or something.
- For a feel of how this works, check this CNN article. Halfway down is a 'Related video' inset in the text. Playing it is the effect that this
- I got this partially working during Wikimedia-Hackathon-2015 demo, and the code is commented in the current version.
- Some people don't like the reflows this causes. Other ppl love the 'in-context' view experience....