- User A edits a page X 3 times.
- User B (an oversighter/admin) changes the visibility of the 2nd revision of these edits via the history page like so:
- Upon visiting Special:Contributions/A the 2nd revision is not shown.
Anonymous user on mobile sees:
Admin on mobile sees:
Admin on desktop sees:
Admin when viewing the diff on mobile sees that it is from an anonymous user and has no indication the edit summary was removed.
Admin when viewing diff on desktop sees:
Issues on the Special:Contributions page:
- People who can see these entries should have clear indication they are tagged as removed and hidden from contributions to normal users. Show warning text "username or IP address removed - edit hidden from contributions"
- A deleted revision instead of showing 'No edit summary' should make it clear the edit summary was removed. Show warning text "edit summary removed"
On the diff page:
- When username is hidden, instead of being shown as from an anonymous user the diff should clearly show the username or IP address is removed and edit summary has been removed. Show a warning box instead with text "username of IP address removed"
- When edit summary is hidden instead of being shown as being edited with no edit summary, it should clearly show the edit summary has been hidden. Show a warning box instead with text "username of IP address removed"
- If a diff is hidden, and the warning "One of the revisions of this diff has been deleted. Details can be found in the deletion log. You can still view this diff if you wish to proceed." is shown e.g. https://test.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/273365
The text should ''not'' be shown unless unhide flag is present. Currently the text shows unconditionally.