Current implementation of thumbnail area in SelectFileWidget with drop area (as of OOjs UI v0.17.1) includes a few user interface approaches, that we should reconsider:
- Uploaded images get background-size: contain applied, which can lead to dissatisfying or confusing appearance of images for the user (see below)
- Thumbnail size (currently 5.5em width and height which is rendered at default zoom level as 70.391px should best possibly be aligned with sizes elsewhere and probably increased
- Thumbnail position with no margin to the drop area border can result in bad appearance.
- Does the MIME type mean anything to the majority of our users or is it more confusing? >>Filed T142883
- Overlong filenames should be broken into the next line in the SelectFileWidget with drop area
- When file selection is not supported, dropTarget doesn't need to take up space, because it won't get suddenly supported in same browser, so no reflow possible