With the revamp of language switching overlay we added ISO codes in the new list. After evaluative research of the same and speaking with the language team, it turns out ISO codes are not as important as we thought.
Also, we were supposed to use the same code on the language button so as it to have some connection between the overlay and the button. we are not using the code on the button so it's time to remove the language codes form the overlay.
Here's a mockup of what it looks like
Suggested testbed, portrait and landscape, LTR & RTL:
- Android 2.3 Browser phone form factor
- Android 4.x/5.x/6.x Chrome phone form factor
- Android 4.x/5.x/6.x Chrome tablet form factor
- iOS 9.3 iPhone
- iOS 9.3 iPad
- Opera mobile (not mini) Android 4+ phone form factor
- UC browser (not mini) Android 4+ phone form factor
- Windows 7.5 Phone IE
- Desktop Firefox
- Desktop Chrome
- Desktop Safari
- Internet Explorer 11
Note that iOS 8.4 is out of scope while device / testing service available, but iOS 9.3 is pretty close to iOS 8.4 for layout.