As part of template translation (T139332), users may find situations where there is not an automating mapping between the source and target templates. Users should be able to indicate the mapping manually when there is not existing mapping between the fields in the source and the target templates.
When there is no mapping between the source and the target template, users can define such mapping. Similarly to what is done with paragraphs in a translation, users will add fields one by one and indicate the corresponding mapping with the target template.
- Initially no fields are added.
- Users are invited to add the field they hover (or the initial one if none has been added.
- Corresponding fields are highlighted.
- Once a field is added, the content is adapted by following the usual approach (which users can change).
- Users need to select the target field.
- Selection aids are provided to easily select the mapping.
- Field names are shown with one line of the description to show additional context.
- Unassigned fields are shown on top.
- Once the mapping is established, users are able to change it to another field.