As a logged-in user, I want the ability to explicitly state whether I want hovercards or not without being part of the a/b test
As a logged in user, my selection on beta features should always take preference over bucketing.
Failing test case:
Detailed steps (you need a user account with hovercards beta feature off in http://reading-web-staging.wmflabs.org/):
- Visit http://reading-web-staging.wmflabs.org/wiki/Main_Page in a new private/incognito window and wait for the page to fully load
- If you can see Enable previews in the footer link, then close the window and try again (goto 1)
- Once you don't see that link, verify by hovering over [[Test]] that you can see a hovercard. That means you've been bucketed as group A.
- Proceed to login into your no-hovercards-beta-feature user account
- Log in and go back to main page
|Expected||Hovering over [[Test]] doesn't show a hovercard because on my user account i don't have the beta feature enabled|
|Actual||Hovering over [[Test]] shows a hovercard|
For logged in users, return here https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-Popups/blob/master/resources/ext.popups.experiment.js#L76-L79 instead of falling through to returning the bucketing token.
This will break unit tests and all the browser for settings that are based on logged in users.
Related abandoned patch https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/311397/