Filtering and/or highlighting editor contributions based on registration status is useful to a number of workflows. The User registration' filters enable users to identify and isolate contributions in this way. Find the authoritative interface text (filter names and descriptions) for these at T149385. There are two filters in the group:
This finds contributions by all users who are registered and logged in. It includes bots (which users can be eliminate via a separate filter).
This finds contributions by all users who are not registered or are not logged in.
About the functionality of these filters
- The current RC page includes the ability to hide and show Unregistered users. This existing functionality can be used as the basis for these filters.
- HOWEVER, like all filters in the enhanced RC page filter UI, these filters conform to a set of rules that are, in some ways, very different from the existing RC page filters. The existing filters are designed primarily to EXCLUDE selected properties (in this case, Unregistered users). The new filters are designed to INCLUDE those properties; logically, each new group is a set of OR filters (and each group of ORs is connected to other groups by ANDS). Which means the filters in this group follow these rules:
- To INCLUDE property A, users check the box for property A.
- To EXCLUDE property A, the user must uncheck A and check it's complement, property B.
- If NEITHER A nor B are checked, then BOTH are included.
- If BOTH A and B are checked, then the result is the same: BOTH are included.
- As per T146076, searches on the RC page are meant to be bookmarkable. Please make sure your search adds query strings to the URL.