Keeping the wording approximately the same, but the title of this ticket has been renamed to reflect a more vague timeline.
Proposed goal: <mapframe> everywhere (T138057) by the end of quarter, but the sooner the better.
This bug is for establishing a timeline to decide upon dev priorities and be ready to start community outreach beforehand.
Proposed target timeline, feel free to edit after discussion or not:
- Week of January 2, 2017: French and Finnish Wikipedias and possibly other wikis that have requested it/we have consensus for. Not en:, de: or similar (perf)?
- Week of January 16: ~10 medium wikis without FlaggedRevs.
- Blockers: ?
- Late January-early February: have permanent storage for blobs (T119043). Prerequisite for fixing numerous bugs with caching and supporting FlaggedRevs.
- Blockers: DBA for review/setup if any.
Further steps are discussable: should we deploy everywhere but enwiki and a few more huge projects first, or try to ramp up the traffic and then disperse our attention to a lot of smaller wikis?
- Late February-early March: be deployed everywhere.