This version of preferences is displayed to users who have the new UX on RC page and Watchlist (either because they've opted into the beta or, down the road, because these are standard or, in the interim, a combination of the two).
The many small changes made in the new design to wording and layout are too numerous to note individually. So, for layout of the page, see the screenshot below, under "Layout." To get correct wording, copy and paste the text in the "Wording" section. (Copy and paste is safest because so many, many small wording changes have been made.)
For all old-style preferences, see T172757 for details about how to convert to equivalents in the new UX.
Layout, Option #1
Please consult this graphic for details about grouping and order of items, indentation and variation among text styles
- All styles in the mockup are meant to indicate existing styles on the Preference page
- Please note that as now, to help users distinguish among page sections more easily, vertical spacing between the last item in a section and the following section title is greater than spacing between the first item in a section and that section's own title.
Copy final wording from section #1 of this document.
Functional Changes, Option #1
This section will single out for description only the functions and behavior which change in the preference consolidation. I.e., unless discussed, functionality will be the same as previous to consolidation. Some significant layout changes are mentioned, though you should check the Layout section below for further details. It's important to read each item carefully, because even elements that appear to be the same from one version to the next may have slightly different behavior (or titles) in different versions of these preferences. All such differences have been noted.
Number of edits to show section
- Number of edits becomes a section of its own.
- As before (though it was not fully stated), this control sets the default number of changes to show on History, Contributions & Logs pages. RC page, however, is no longer covered by this control (and WL always had a separate setting).
- We will set a new maximum number for all these pages of 500.
- The header reads "Number of Edits to show on History, Contributions & Logs"
Revision Scoring on Contributions page section
- On ORES wikis, Revision Scoring becomes its own section,
- This section, which controls the "classic ORES" features, appears on ORES-enabled wikis only.
- The controls apply to all pages on which Classic ORES is available. On this version of preferences, this is Contributions only.
- The section title reflects that: "Revision Scoring on Contributions page"
- A new subline describes the controls. The subline contains the word "ORES," which links to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ORES
- The functions in this section have been re-ordered for clarity, and the small gray instruction text for the menu has been reworded.
- All Watchlist preferences that pertain to filter settings have been removed.
- Note: as now, the option "Always add pages I review to my watchlist" appears only for users who have the reviewer right. This option has been reworded, however.
- [After Watchlist beta graduation, a New Filters opt-out will be added to the section; this is handled in T173542]
Recent Changes section
- PRIOR TO RC PAGE GRADUATING FROM BETA
- The Recent Changes preference section contains no preference options.
- It includes only a notice to users that "Recent Changes filter preferences can now be managed on Recent Changes itself...." [see "Wording" document, link below, for full and final wording].
- If possible, this notice will be preceded by a bookmark icon.
- AFTER RECENT CHANGES BETA GRADUATION
- The notice about how preferences are managed on RC page itself is still displayed.
- In addition the New Filters opt out language and check box (T168376) are displayed.
- No changes were made to this section.
- (As now, there is a preference that shows u only if you have the reviewer right: Show the difference between the accepted and latest revisions when viewing the latest pending revision)