User testimony and analysis of search data have identified a user need of looking for basic help by searching the Project and Help namespaces (it is also the most commonly searched combination excluding searches involving the article namespace).
Create a check box named "General Help" that adds (or removes) the namespaces for Project + Help to the list of namespaces being searched.
- when all namespaces associated with the button are included, the checkbox is checked.
- if you click the checkbox in this state, all namespaces associated with this checkbox are removed, the checkbox becomes unchecked
- when some or none (but not all) of the associated namespaces are currently included the checkbox is unchecked
- if you click the checkbox in this state, all namespaces not currently included in the search are included, the checkbox becomes checked.
- if the "all" checkbox is selected, this checkbox is also selected (since all namespaces are included)
- Maybe it makes sense to put the config in the local php settings