It has been about 3 months since the announcement about Tidy being replaced in about a year's time. We have provided wikis the Linter and parser-migration tools to help them fix pages that might break. Various wikis have been going about it. This is a task to track followup action needed from CLs. Please feel free to re-org this as a bulleted todo list or create a bunch of sub tasks.
Identifying new wikis to switch from Tidy
- dewiki looks ready to make the switch away from Tidy. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:LintErrors has zero errors in the main article namespace. There are issues in user namespaces, but those are not as critical. It would be good to make the switch sooner than later so we can identify any other lingering issues that needs addressing for large wikis that aren't already covered by the linter tool
- itwiki might be close to making the switch as well -- they need to address misuse of Template:Cn for their citation-needed flags on pages. From what I can tell from https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bar/Discussioni/Passaggio_da_Tidy_a_RemexHTML:_c'%C3%A8_del_lavoro_da_fare, they are on top of it. But, they are the other big wiki that can get over the top relatively soon. They don't need to get their error counts down to zero necessarily.
- We have over 300 wikis (mostly small ones) that have no linter errors in these high priority categories. How should be go about switching them over to Remex? Process assistance here is very welcome.
Identifying editors to make linter-identified fixes on other wikis
- shwiki is impacted by T161306 and it would be good to identify someone on that wiki to tackle that category -- it is very likely that adding a newline before the <span> in https://sh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%C5%A0ablon:nowrap%20begin&action=edit will fix most of the problems identified in the bug report
- cebwiki needs to run a bot similar to what svwiki is doing since their deletable-table-tag linter error is a clone of what svwiki has. That needs followup.
- There are probably others that I will update here as I find them.