Before being deployed to production WikibaseMediaInfo must be deployed to beta.
The WikibaseMediaInfo extension is needed for providing structured data to Wikimedia Commons in the future. It holds the new entity type (next to items and properties) that is going to handle structured data for multimedia files.
The extension is in gerrit at mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseMediaInfo.
Actual use in production is blocked on having Multi-Content-Revisions in a baseline version.
- Get the extension branched for WMF release: mediawiki/tools/release Code needs to be ready to proceed beyond this point: Security review, not register NSes, not screw up the DB.
- Load the extension's i18n: extension-list
- Add a flag for loading the extension, default false: InitialiseSettings.php
- Load the extension via the feature flag: Wikibase.php
- Load (but keep disabled) the extension on Commons: InitialiseSettings.php
- Enable the extension on Beta Cluster Commons: InitialiseSettings-labs.php