As part of the publish settings (T133862) we want users to be able to customise the edit summary that will be used when publishing the translation. This allows for users to indicate that their contribution is part of a given campaign or add other further details.
Summary in the settings dialog
- In order to support this, a "Summary" section will be provided in the Publish settings dialog, with an input field.
- While the text field is empty, it will show a placeholder ("Add additional text or tags to the edit summary.").
- The text that the users provides will be included after the default edit summary.
- Once the user adds some text, a section will preview the final edit summary that will be used. If the text becomes empty again, the preview will disappear.
- The part with the default message will be shown in a lighter text color (Base20, #54595D)
- The text input field will restrict the input in such a way that the final edit summary does not exceed the maximum length allowed.