When files are moved from e.g. Wikipedia to Commons, their file info more often than not needs to be tweaked. For example, the information template and all its parameters have different names in different wikis. We want to match as many templates as possible automatically, so that users don't need to spend their time with busy work.
- Replace all templates listed under "Transfer" in the CommonsHelper2's config files for the source wiki.
- When the users enter SpecialPage:ImportFile for the first time, the replaced contents should already be visible in the file info wikitext.
- If some mapping happened, the edit summary field of the SpecialPage:ImportFile will contain: "Replaced x <sourcewiki> template names with <targetwiki> template names"
- It is very important to work test driven here, with some file description pages against which expected results can be checked
- This will probably be a simple search a replace
- The config file lists all mappings in Templates/Transfer. The header is always the source wiki's template name, and below comes <Commons template name>|<Commons Param name>=<source wiki's param name>|<another Commons Param name>=<source wiki's other param name>...
- The @ that sometimes appear before the param names should be ignored for now