Page MenuHomePhabricator

Namespace definitions for Hindi Wikisource need to be in the ProofreadPage extension, not in VariantSettings.php
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The namespace names for the page and index namespaces need to be in ProofreadPage.namespaces.php, not in VariantSettings.php (currently at line 3902 onwards). I would submit patches for this myself, but I have a new computer and haven't set up Git yet.

I believe this should be fixed before content can be imported, to avoid namespace problems akin to the ones we had with napwikisource.

(Semi-unrelated note: Why doesn't the hiwikisource settings in VariantSettings.php have the + in front of hiwikisource, like all other projects do?)

See also T218155, T230541.

Event Timeline

jhsoby created this task.Sep 19 2019, 8:44 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptSep 19 2019, 8:44 PM
jhsoby renamed this task from Namespace definitions for Hindi Wikisource should be in the ProofreadPage extension, not in VariantSettings.php to Namespace definitions for Hindi Wikisource need to be in the ProofreadPage extension, not in VariantSettings.php.Sep 20 2019, 8:57 AM

Change 538695 had a related patch set uploaded (by Urbanecm; owner: Urbanecm):
[mediawiki/extensions/ProofreadPage@master] Add NS translation for hi

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/538695

Change 538697 had a related patch set uploaded (by Urbanecm; owner: Urbanecm):
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Redefine hiwikisource extra namespaces

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/538697

Urbanecm claimed this task.Mon, Sep 23, 7:14 PM
Restricted Application added a project: User-Urbanecm. · View Herald TranscriptMon, Sep 23, 7:14 PM

Change 538697 merged by jenkins-bot:
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Redefine hiwikisource extra namespaces

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/538697

Urbanecm moved this task from Backlog to External on the Wikimedia-Site-requests board.

Site request part was done

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2019-09-23T19:16:42Z] <urbanecm@deploy1001> Synchronized wmf-config/VariantSettings.php: 2a7a125: Redefine hiwikisource extra namespaces (T233365) (duration: 00m 57s)

I've removed the extra-extra namespace, and uploaded a patch against ProofreadPage that readds the namespace correctly. I've also moved the extra namespaces section to correct part of VS.php in 37fcbdf. Thanks for noticing that!

jhsoby added a subscriber: Tpt.EditedMon, Sep 23, 8:54 PM

Thank you very much, @Urbanecm! The ProofreadPage part has already been uploaded by @Tpt though, here. The task mentioned was the one for creating the wiki, so it doesn't appear here. It still needs to be merged though, I don't know who can do that. (Update: It has now been merged.)

Change 538695 abandoned by Urbanecm:
Add NS translation for hi

Reason:
Dupe of another patch

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/538695

Urbanecm closed this task as Resolved.Thu, Sep 26, 9:37 AM

Should be working fine now!