Now that we have finished technical exploration T242006: Technical exploration to support Section Translation workflow on mobile and desktop for next version of CX dashboard to start section translation support in mobiles and desktops, this ticket outlines the development steps. Tickets for each of these steps can be created separately.
- Declare a new RL module that get loaded instead of the existing dashboard RL modules based on:
- Wiki specific configuration variable
- Mobile targets only
- Set up a Vue application in modules/dashboard as outlined in T242006, use the webpack build output for the new resource loaded which get loaded conditionally as explained above.
- The aim is to replicate all the existing features of current CX dashboard in new dashboard, but alter the design so that the UI is mobile first. Follow the design by @Pginer-WMF
- While the algorithm to find missing sections is being investigated, start with the minimal algorithm of adding sections to recently translated articles as per https://pauginer.github.io/prototypes/translation/sections/dash-mob/test/#NewTranslation
- This will involve defining an API at MW backend to find missing sections in saved source and translation content in parallel corpus table.
- In small increments build the mobile section translation UI.