This task is about making it so logged out editors of en.wiki are able to switch to the visual editor from within the WikiEditor's editing toolbar.
This change is being made for the following reasons:
- This change will correct the regression T243723 introduced. 
- We are not aware of any agreements or decisions that specified there not be an affordance for switching editing interfaces within the WikiEditor's editing toolbar for anonymous editors editing en.wiki.
- In the time between now and when the regression  was introduced (the end of February, 2020) , we have not seen a stark and sustained decrease in the number of reverted edits made by anonymous editors using the browser, on desktop, at en.wiki. 
- On desktop, visit your favorite en.wiki article while being logged out
- Click "Edit"
- ❗️Notice there is no way to switch editing modes within the WikiEditor's toolbar.
- ✅Notice there is a way to switch editing modes within the WikiEditor's toolbar.
- "Expected" behavior has been implemented.
|VE edits over time*|
|*Logged-out users on desktop (the blue-ish bars at the bottom of the graph) have been making edits since the beginning of 2016 then and have mostly stopped since the beginning of this year.|
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.35/wmf.21 landed on en.wiki on 27-Feb-2020