When creating T257260: entitysources: Clean up any remainders of the legacy back/compat config in the mediawiki-config repository I realized that these config options are still used in various places in code (mainly tests and default settings) which is not ideal.
These references should all be removed so that we can safely unset these variables in production.
All code should be getting these things from entity sources, including tests.
Looking at EntitySourceDefinitionsLegacyRepoSettingsParser this probably is:
And for EntitySourceDefinitionsLegacyClientSettingsParser:
- foreignRepositories T285471
- repositories T285471
- repoDatabase T287242
- entityNamespaces T285472
- repoConceptBaseUri T285471
The repositories old legacy thing: https://doc.wikimedia.org/Wikibase/master/php/md_docs_topics_options.html#autotoc_md370
The foreignRepositories old legacy thing: https://doc.wikimedia.org/Wikibase/master/php/md_docs_topics_options.html#foreignRepositories
The new entitysources thing: https://doc.wikimedia.org/Wikibase/master/php/md_docs_topics_entitysources.html
- Release notes are updated (as this is user facing back compat config that is being removed), including how to migrate from old settings to new settings (possible including a code snippet that using eval.php that can output the new config for people).
- References to the old configuration options are all removed
- Back compat layer for the old config options are removed
- Docs are updated