We're currently using 2 features not supported by IE which is breaking the UI:
- HTMLImageElement.decode() (in init.js)
- The IntersectionObserver (various uses)
We have a few options for resolving this:
- Polyfill the decode function and the IntersectionObserver. This is ideal because it allows us to write one set of code for all browsers.
- Add some conditional logic to handle things differently if these modules aren't supported
- Make IE fall back on the PHP UI
I propose we do 2 while working on 1.