Hello again! Following T244808, we're now planning the switch back to eqiad, which is planned for Tuesday, October 27, 2020. We'll plan to start the read-only window at 14:00 UTC again, and we might as well reuse the "up to an hour" messaging. Next time, we can consider being more optimistic about the duration, but let's leave it for now.
I just published the switchback dates at wikitech:Switch_Datacenter.
Caution: Oct 27 is after summer time ends in Europe, but before Daylight Saving Time ends in North America, so we'll have to pay special attention in converting to local time zones. Sorry for that, it's still the best date I could pin down.
Date: October 27
Time: between 14:00 and 15:00 UTC
Over the weeks before the event
- recontacting translators to have the message being translated.
- message wikitech-l
- Tech News week 43
- Emailing mailing lists:
- wikitech-l once again
- foundation-optional, engineering-all (done by Ops)
- Added to the news on the Meta front page
- Message to communities
- village pumps
- bot coordination pages
- Tech News week 44 (this is happening this week)
- Banner set for a display on all wikis 30 minutes before it happens