Steps to reproduce:
- Go to a page (e.g., a user talk page) that contains a link to another talk page (e.g., someone else's user talk page)
- Click 'New section' at the top to use the New Discussions tool (in visual mode?).
- Type something the box.
- Decide that you don't want to post that after all. Instead, decide that you want to go to a different talk page (i.e., a talk page that is linked on the current talk page).
- Do not close the tab. Do not cancel your new section.
- Click the link (which is on the current talk page) to go to a different talk page.
- See that New Discussion is trying to put your old comment on the new talk page ("Unsaved changes recovered")