This task is about making sure the New Discussion Tool is appearing as a Beta Feature and publishing comments as we expect it to.
Part I: at each of the wikis listed in the ===Where to test section below, do the following:
- Visit Special:Preferences > Beta features (read: mw-prefsection-betafeatures) and verify Discussion tools is available as a Beta feature.
- Enable the Discusson tools beta feature if it is not already.
- Visit Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing and verify the Enable quick topic adding feature is available within the Discussion pages section of the page
- Turn on the Enable quick topic adding setting if it is not already.
- Visit the "Test pages" listed in the ===Where to test section below. At each of them, do the following:
- Click the New section / Add topic link/tab and verify the New Discussion Tool opens
- Visit your sandbox at each of the wikis listed in the ===Where to test section below and do the following:
- Verify you can open the New Discussion Tool and use it to publish a new topic to the talk page.
- *Revisit** Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing and TURN OFF the Enable quick topic adding feature
- Visit any talk page, click the Add topic / New section link and verify the existing experience opens.
Part II: file tickets for any issues that
Where to test
|Wikipedia||Language code||Test pages|
|French||fr||Sandbox talk page|
- Testing instructions are completed