This task is about making volunteers at the ===Projects aware when and how the New Discussion Tool will be offered as a Beta Feature.
BEFORE Tuesday, 9-March-2021.**
As part of this deployment, the New Discussion Tool should be made available as a beta feature at all Wikipedias EXCEPT those listed in the table listed below.
|1.||English Wikipedia||en.wiki||This will likely happen as part of T273146.|
|2.||Russian Wikipedia||ru.wiki||This will likely happen as part of T276493.|
|3.||German Wikipedia||de.wiki||This will likely happen as part of T276494.|
People who read the announcement should finish it knowing:
- When they will be able to try the New Discussion Tool
- How they will be able to try the New Discussion Tool
- What functionality the New Discussion Tool offers them
- Where they can go to share feedback and questions about the New Discussion Tool
- What they can do to turn off the tool if they would prefer not to use it
- What enhancements are planned for the tool
Making volunteers aware of this change before it happens is especially important as the New Discussion Tool intersects with peoples' existing workflows and expectations for adding a new topic to a talk page. More context in the Background section of T270788's description.