The Growth team is soon going to work on the mentor dashboard, see T278920: Mentor dashboard: V1 desktop. We will want to show various information about mentees, as part of T278971: Mentor dashboard: M1 mentee overview module and T279139: Mentor dashboard: M5 impact module.
Since the numbers we will take some time to generate, we will want to cache them in a database table, and populate it with a maintenance script.
Design the database table, and merge a patch that creates it.
Answers questions from https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Creating_new_tables:
- Should this table be replicated to wiki replicas (does it contain private data)?: No, it should be private.
- Size of the table (number of rows expected): ~1500 rows per 120 newly created accounts per month; the numbers of rows will be stable
- Expected growth per year: The table should not growth, unless the number of newcomers for a wiki changes substantially.
- Expected amount of queries: writes will happen only from mwmaint1002 via a caching MW script (frequency was not decided yet; maybe daily? The script will likely touch most of the rows); the number of reads will be small, it will be used by a special page that will likely be only used by a couple of experienced wikimedians
- The release plan for the feature: not sure, wikis listed in https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-mediawiki-config/blob/master/dblists/growthexperiments.dblist will get the features once ready. We might want to test them first at a subset of those wikis, that was not decided yet.