In order to better understand the effectiveness of the centralnotice banners and the landing pages run for WLM, it would be great if we could receive some more statistics. In this request I'll lay out an initial request which may be too broad, happy to discuss how we can make it easier to manage. I'll just describe what would be our ideal :)
There are two underlying questions that are prevalent:
- For each country, in which 'phase' do we loose the most potential participants (funnel analysis)
- What diet would be appropriate for future campaigns.
Generally, the anticipated workflow of participants looks like this:
- User sees banner
- User goes to landing page
- User goes through a number of steps, different per country
- (non-registered contributors only) User creates account
- User uploads image through WLM campaign
Some more details:
- Central Notice: following the convention "wlm_2021_xx" with xx being the country code
- Landing page: can be either on-wiki or off-wiki. An overview is here, but happy to create a more succinct overview later with only the relevant onwiki pages. Ideal would be to draw the landing page directly from the campaigns.
- user upload would be uploadwizard with the campaign of the type "wlm-xx" (possibly with suffix). All are listed in the 'upload link' column here.
For the landing pages that are on-wiki, we would love a funnel analysis of some type, if possible. We can collect raw numbers through stats pages, but it would be great if we know whether they actually came through the banner or not. If that is possible by day that would be awesome, but I suspect for most countries this would get too hard on privacy grounds.
We would love to get some insight in how many people on the landing page come from different sources (broadly speaking), but it would already be helpful to know how many from banner, and how many 'other'.
Directly relevant for the understanding of the diets, the following questions would be relevant (per country, because different settings/cultures):
- Given a unique landing page visitor, what is the first banner they click on? If their first clicked banner is 'm', what is the distribution of m? How many people clicked on the first banner, how many on the second, etc.
- Given a unique uploader (eventual success!) what was the *last* banner they clicked on?
- Given a banner click, how many people click on the banner a second time? Third time?
- How does this differ from mobile to desktop?
What would be really cool to know, but secondary to this request: what are the language settings of visitors to our landing pages? (probably out of scope, but great if it happens to be in the data)