Wed, Jan 15
To test the fix locally:
- Set up two campaigns, one higher priority than the other.
- Include a close button in the banner for the campaign with higher priority.
- The higher priority campaign should always show, until the close button is clicked on the banner. On subsequent pageviews after the button has been clicked, the lower priority campaign should show.
- To test again, clear cookies for the local wiki.
Mon, Jan 13
Fri, Jan 10
Tue, Jan 7
Here's an overview of the status of this project:
Mon, Jan 6
Just updated the draft specification for this. We should also look at legacy default values for empty country and project fields.
Fri, Jan 3
Dec 22 2019
Dec 19 2019
Dec 18 2019
Dec 16 2019
Dec 12 2019
Dec 11 2019
As per T219604, it's just the RL modules aliases that have changed, but the modules are still around, so we should be able to fix pretty easily.
Dec 5 2019
@Bawolff thank you so much for finding this!!!! This same code is in live FR banners across enwiki. I've created a separate task: T239922
Dec 4 2019
Hi! Here's my request for the new creds for stat100* and notebook100*, please. Username: andyrussg. Thanks so much for working on this!!!!! :)
Dec 2 2019
Just to note, we have the same problem for the new CentralNotice data pipeline, which uses EventLogging, as compared to the old pipeline, which uses a custom call to beacon/impression not blocked by AdBlock. In case it's useful: see T236834#5696044 (and the two comments after that).
Windows for log samples:
Nov 27 2019
Differences found in orphaned old pipeline events:
- 28% orphaned GET requests vs. 10% overall GET requests
- 63% orphaned Windows requests vs. 39% overall Windows requests
Just did one-to-one merges using web request logs in Hive, in both directions, using fairly large samples in both cases.
Nov 25 2019
Here are some results:
Nov 21 2019
Nov 20 2019
Hi all! Congrats to all for your work on this...
Nov 19 2019
Nov 18 2019
Windows for log samples:
Nov 14 2019
Nov 12 2019
Here's a summary of the situation regarding discrepancies between the new and old pipelines for Landing Pages (includes also measures obtained in T235284).
Nov 11 2019
FRUEC currently accepts LandingPage events with no language property in the JSON input. However, if the property exists and its value is an empty string, the event is marked invalid and not counted. However, in such a case, the legacy system (DjangoBannerStats) defaults the language to 'en'.