- As an administrator, I want to quickly delete a page from my mobile device, so that I can hide information which shouldn't be displayed on my Wikimedia project.
- As an administrator, I want to quickly protect a page from my mobile device, so that I can prevent further bad edits to an article.
- As an administrator, I want to block a user from editing my Wikimedia project from my mobile device, so that I can stop them vandalising pages.
- As a Wikipedia editor, I want to be able to access core MediaWiki features without turning on Advanced mode, so that I can interact with more of the site's functionality.
In the MinervaNeue skin, an Overflow menu is shown to users with the Advanced Mobile Contributions setting turned on. This menu contains editing tools such as the Move page button, informational links such as Page Information, and administrator tools including Delete, Protect, and Block. This menu had been made available to all users on user pages (T232653) and we wanted to explore whether it could be made available in other namespaces too.
We ran user testing studies and found that the addition of the overflow menu did not cause significant confusion or frustration as new users attempted to make an edit - T306873#7927166. Community feedback highlighted that the Block option should be added, so this was done in T307341. Qualitative community feedback - albeit limited - expressed support for making this menu available to more editors. We will follow this deployment up with more data monitoring to understand how the menu is being used.
Per T305927 - to make this feature available to all logged-in users, we need to update wgMinervaOverflowInPageActions such that "loggedin": true.
- All logged-in users see the overflow menu in any Wikimedia namespace
- No change is made to the interface for logged out users
- No change is made to the interface for users with Advanced Mobile Contributions turned on