The problems described occur only on Wikivoyage because these wikis are using the Wikivoyage mode allowing group and show parameters for Kartographer map definitions!
After the last rollout of the Kartographer extension, at least since last Monday (Jan 16, 2023) there are several failures with Kartographer maps:
- wrong group names in the leaflet control list
- maps created with ext.kartographer.box are empty: no markers, no geo objects like geolines
Steps to replicate the issue (include links if applicable):
- Ad 1:
- You can use every page with a map with markers, for instance https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Edfu
- Press on the leaflet layers control icon: Among others there are now entries like "Group: 0" instead of Go, See, Do, etc.
- Ad 2:
- Please use a page with a map on German Wikivoyage like https://de.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Edfu
- On the right side of the title there is a geo coordinate and an earth globe. If you press on this globe a map is inserted but it is empty: no markers and no geo objects. In the last years since the creation of the Kartographer extension it was working fine using the Kartographers guidelines for the creation of such maps.
- Wrong group names in the leaflet layers control list
- Empty map.
What should have happened instead?:
- It should work as before. Please rollback the last Kartographer version.
Software version (skip for WMF-hosted wikis like Wikipedia):
Other information (browser name/version, screenshots, etc.):
Some information to Ad2:
The new layer data are accepted: In the empty map, group names like "Gruppe: 0" are shown but no layer is added (with map.addGeoJSONLayer).