To ensure that wikistories remain relevant and up-to date, story watchers are alerted with a custom notification when changes to an article involves text used in a story. Change can be partial (text used in a story haas been partially modified in the article) or complete (text used in the story is no longer present in the article).
For these scenarios, it would require:
- Setting up a notification: UX copy, links, actions, bundling rules
- Treatment in the story builder
As a wikistory watcher,
I want to be notified of changes to the notified of changes to the underlying article,
so that I can update the wikistory accordingly.
As a story maintainer,
I was to understand the nature of the article changes and how they affect the wikistory,
so that I can update the wikistory correctly.
01. Discovery of problematic text inside story builder.
- Show a clear label indicating that the text is outdated and needs to be reviewed.
- Label message "Outdated story text, review".
- Place warning icon next to label message.
- Place label message below the story text.
- Divide the label message and story text using a separator.
- Separator is 1 px border and has #C8CCD1 color.
- Tap on "review" take users to Review changes screen.
02. Review Outdated story text.
|Word removed||Word removed and added||Changing to small caps|
|Statement partially edited||Selected text is no longer available|
- Screen title: "Review changes"
- Show previously selected story text in an underlined format.
- Underline has 1 px border and use #000 color.
- Use the color #e07076 to indicate the removed information.
- Use the color #75C877 to indicate the newly added information.
- Present two buttons at the bottom "No change required", "Update".
- "No change required" button take users back to the story page.
- Remove outdated story text label if users tap on "No change required" button.
- "Update" button take users to update story text.
- Device back key should take users back to the story builder.
- Back arrow on top should take users back to the story builder.
- On scroll, show all other changes to the text while they're on review changes screen.
03. Update outdated information.
|Article selection screen||Updated text box|
- Show updated story text highlighted.
- Tap on "Clear" button removes the highlight and let editors choose any other text.
- Tap on "Add to story" text updates the text box on story page.
- Remove warning message from text box on story page.
|Previously selected text is no longer available||Allow selecting any other text||Update story page with new text|
- Allow editors to choose new fact when previously selected text is no longer part of the article.
- Present story text without any highlights.
04. Notification in story change
- Show following notification message when text has changed in article. "(article_name) article has been edited, check Story:(story_name) for accuracy."
- Make entire notification serve as primary link which opens problematic story page on story builder.
- Only trigger notification when there is a change in article text which have been used in a story.
- Showing alert of outdated text on builder with right UX copy
- Showing alert on notices / alerts with right UX copy
- After selecting clear button, alert disappears from story
- After selecting add to story, alert disappears from story
- Highlighting removed information in red and added information in green:
- When word is removed
- When word is added
- When sentence is removed
- When sentence is added
- When a letter is changed
- When a number is changed
- Highlighting previously selected text as underlined
CTA on builder:
- Clear button removes selection and allows user to select afresh/ a different text block.
- Add to story button replaces the original text
- Back arrow takes user to story builder
- Device back key takes user to story builder