This task is about implementing the changes necessary to ensure people are being bucketed in the Edit Check A/B test (T342930) as expected.
- Bucketing should include both registered and unregistered users
- Everyone who is accessing a desktop or mobile main namespace page (NS:0) at any of the participating wikis, logged in and logged out, should have a 50% chance of being included/bucketed into the A/B test's control or test group
- Bucketing should be done on a per-Wikipedia basis. 50% of people within a given wiki should be placed within the control group; 50% should be bucketed in the test group
- People should remain in the same group for the duration of the test.
- Testing should be done across all desktop skins where available
- Within the A/B test, we are able to distinguish all events logged for the control group and the test group.
- An anonymous_user_token is applied to these events so we can track distinct unregistered users in addition to distinct registered users.
- We are able to track if/when someone in the test group adjusts any of the edit check-related preferences (if available)
Defined in T345298 (still being finalized)
- 1. Will there be a third test group that is shown Edit Check with the Reference Reliability experience T276857 will implement?
- 2. How might we ensure that the people who are included in the A/B test are the same people for whom volunteers have made Edit Check available by way of community configuration
- Note: if who Edit Check is available to is NOT consistent across projects, we will not be able to draw cross-wiki conclusions.
- A patch has been deployed that meets what's described requirements sections above